Gentoo resmi wiki'sini açtığına ve çeviri desteğine başladığına göre boş vakitte biraz çeviri yapmak iyi olur diyerek daldım wikiye. Resmi wiki klasik gentoo-wiki projesine göre çok yeni olduğu için fazla makale sayısına (henüz) sahip değil. Ama daha kalıcı olacağı kesin olduğundan, gerektiğinde İngilizcesine eklemeler yaparak GCC Optimizasyonu gibi işe yarar maddeleri bulup çeviriyorum. Her ne kadar halen İngilizce bilmeden Gentoo kullanmanın yüzme bilmeden okyanusa dalmak gibi bir fikir olduğunu düşünsem de, belki birilerinin işine yarar.
I have a strange and quite confusing problem with Google services. Check this out.
If I sign in to Google, nothing works. Or at best, I start getting huge (about 1-2 min.) delay connecting to *.google.com.
(Seems like DNS problem here.) I've been using Google Public DNS for a long time. This is happening for about a month now. Here are the symptoms.
(Tried with different browsers like Chrome 29 (with or w/o --disable-extensions), freshly installed Firefox 22 etc)
- If I open Google, it shows up fine (with https), even listing search results. When I click one of them, it's "Waiting for www.google.com.tr" forever.
- No YouTube videos. YouTube opens fine but nothing loads to watch.
- Generally, if I go to a Google service (like analytics), it's opening landing page, If I click sign in, waiting forever. Sometimes I pass that page by simply directly going to dashboard URL, this time after clicking something in website, waits and shows up "Internal error. Please try again later."
- GMail works but most of the time the page is always loading mode, like it's trying to download a last item.
- If a website is using a Google service, I can't open it %50 of the time. Stuck while saying "connecting to apis.google.com" (or some google page like it).
- If I sign out or go to incognito/private mode, all services are working fast & fine.
- Using Linux but tested on Windows on other boxes in my network, no changes. So I assume it's not an OS level problem.
- Using a tunnel also fixes all problems. So that may mean as an ISP problem, right? Well. My roommate is having NONE of the problems I'm having, same network, even on same box!
I know my ISP (which is Turkey's TTNet) had (maybe still having?) problems with Google servers. But I couldn't identify my problem. I have this only if I sign in to my account.
What I did:
- Tested DNS, IP resolving is not a problem, at least for domains like apis.google.com
- Tried another DNS servers like OpenDNS, Comodo etc. Even tried with hosts file for google domains which I could catch.
- Revoked most of the services from https://accounts.google.com/IssuedAuthSubTokens
What the hell..?
Some inmates say that violence is the worst thing we gotta face.
For me, the worst thing is the great yawn.
How do you fill day after dull ass day?
We got these routines that are supposed to give our lives order and meaning.
But I'm here to testify that I'm less afraid of getting shanked in my back than the routine.
Cause the routine, man,
the routine'll kill you.
My boss was not happy from the situation, neither do I. Because I was working between Apache and MySQL while having wet dreams about other possibilities like Hadoop, Postgre, Nginx, MongoDB, cloud etc.. I'm still young (I guess). Couldn't keep the game which I had to play with patience, waiting for right time to have a chance to do some experiments, using my imagination. Because we had a 'stable business', no need to fuck around. My tag (which mostly I gave to myself) as "sysadmin" was not fitting with what I do.
If you have "the routine", you should do it too.
You may or may not like bash hacks. Well, here is one: Quick installer for Zimbra 8 on CentOS 6. I made it because sometimes I need to deploy ZCS8 on fresh installed CentOS minimal boxes and imho changing domain name on working zimbra is nonsense&problematic.
It's a very dirty script (and might not work). I've used it on zcs-8.0.1 but it *should* work on latest 8.0.x version.
Here is a list of what it does:
- Disabling SELinux
- Disabling IPtables
- Installing some required packages (like bind, sed etc..)
- Touching init levels configuration to start bind, disable sendmail
- Setting hostname
- Setting /etc/hosts file
- Editing pre-configured BIND files for your domain and applying
- Editing pre-configured zimbra files for your domain
- Installing ZCS 8 and configure
- Change root password
- Giving brief information about what the hell happened
To use it, you need to:
- Extract zip, enter directory
- Download Zimbra for RedHat 6 on http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/os-downloads.html
- Extract the zimbra tarball in the same directory with zimbra_installer.sh
- Edit first 4 variable in zimbra_installer.sh
- Run it.
Hope it helps!