Gentoo resmi wiki'sini açtığına ve çeviri desteğine başladığına göre boş vakitte biraz çeviri yapmak iyi olur diyerek daldım wikiye. Resmi wiki klasik gentoo-wiki projesine göre çok yeni olduğu için fazla makale sayısına (henüz) sahip değil. Ama daha kalıcı olacağı kesin olduğundan, gerektiğinde İngilizcesine eklemeler yaparak GCC Optimizasyonu gibi işe yarar maddeleri bulup çeviriyorum. Her ne kadar halen İngilizce bilmeden Gentoo kullanmanın yüzme bilmeden okyanusa dalmak gibi bir fikir olduğunu düşünsem de, belki birilerinin işine yarar.
Some inmates say that violence is the worst thing we gotta face.
For me, the worst thing is the great yawn.
How do you fill day after dull ass day?
We got these routines that are supposed to give our lives order and meaning.
But I'm here to testify that I'm less afraid of getting shanked in my back than the routine.
Cause the routine, man,
the routine'll kill you.
My boss was not happy from the situation, neither do I. Because I was working between Apache and MySQL while having wet dreams about other possibilities like Hadoop, Postgre, Nginx, MongoDB, cloud etc.. I'm still young (I guess). Couldn't keep the game which I had to play with patience, waiting for right time to have a chance to do some experiments, using my imagination. Because we had a 'stable business', no need to fuck around. My tag (which mostly I gave to myself) as "sysadmin" was not fitting with what I do.
If you have "the routine", you should do it too.
You may or may not like bash hacks. Well, here is one: Quick installer for Zimbra 8 on CentOS 6. I made it because sometimes I need to deploy ZCS8 on fresh installed CentOS minimal boxes and imho changing domain name on working zimbra is nonsense&problematic.
It's a very dirty script (and might not work). I've used it on zcs-8.0.1 but it *should* work on latest 8.0.x version.
Here is a list of what it does:
- Disabling SELinux
- Disabling IPtables
- Installing some required packages (like bind, sed etc..)
- Touching init levels configuration to start bind, disable sendmail
- Setting hostname
- Setting /etc/hosts file
- Editing pre-configured BIND files for your domain and applying
- Editing pre-configured zimbra files for your domain
- Installing ZCS 8 and configure
- Change root password
- Giving brief information about what the hell happened
To use it, you need to:
- Extract zip, enter directory
- Download Zimbra for RedHat 6 on http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/os-downloads.html
- Extract the zimbra tarball in the same directory with zimbra_installer.sh
- Edit first 4 variable in zimbra_installer.sh
- Run it.
Hope it helps!